The pharmacy technician certification exam “PTCE” is conducted by PTCB “Pharmacy Technician Certification Board”. Once you have passed this exam you can officially utilize title of “Certified Pharmacy Technician or CPht. In addition to attending a certified school you will need to meet assertive other eligibility requirements in order to sit for “Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam”.
- You should make it sure that you have either graduated from higher school or you are holding a GED before attempting to register for PTCE exam.
- Absolute minimum amount of required qualification to sit in education for “Pharmacy Technician Certification” exam is a high school diploma. There are few uncertified schools that will tell you that you don’t need a high school diploma to enroll in their program. This is a first indication that pharmacy tech school is not reputable. You cannot go through pharmacy technician program if you cannot sit for certification exam.
- Make it sure that you don’t have any kind of criminal record. You will need to make it sure that you have no any violation convictions and criminal convictions cannot be drug or pharmacy related.
- If you have been convicted for criminal offense then you should first contact lawyer to see if you can have your record abolished. If you cannot do so then you can go to PTCB and tell them truth then find out if you can still sit for “Pharmacy Technician Certification” exam.
- Finally you should make it sure that you have not penalized for any reason by any State Board of Pharmacy in past.
- You will need to make full acknowledgement to PTCB for any pharmaceutical misconduct. These kinds of cases are handled on an individual basis and PTCB will have to review misconduct before you will be permitted to sit for Pharmacy Technician Certification exam.
Students who continue their studies during their job are usually on crossroads. It is usually very hard to manage an education and job together and sometimes it happenes that you need to choose between job and education. You can take decision on the basis of following guidelines:
CONSIDER YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION
In this kind of situation first question is that are you be able to afford college and almost various students can afford this because of student loans, scholarships and federal grants. You only need some sort of plan written or in mind to find out where you can see yourself in next years. Simply if you bring your education in college experience life become much easier to manage.
WRITE YOUR STUDY AND WORK PLAN
In next step you should consider your capacity and find out how much time you can give to your classes in college. Will you want to take a full load of classes or you will take an internship with company. These are big decisions and usually one decision compliments other so you should consider first where you want to see yourself in next few years. If you are working on entry level job then you should still consider it. Remember that there is no age limits for college students, colleges are happy to have 18 years or 80 years old students.
UNDERSTANDING WITH PARENTS
Some parents are able to help their children financially so you can discuss your plan with your parents before taking any decision. In simple words you need a place to stay with affordable rent and access of food. If you have none of these then an entry level job is necessary to help you. For further advice you can ask for your parents for further advice.
CHOOSE HAPPY CAREER
It is not time right to make enough money to fulfill your needs you should also work to build up your career. Various candidates are happy with less but it is not sufficient. It is time to consider exactly what you want to be after five years not only financially but also with body and spirit. You should also consider this step in your plan. If college education creates hell on your nervous then prefer regular jobs with 1-2 years plan where you are making a professional life. You should choose career of your interest and choice. You should do or choose something challenging that will maintain your interest.
CREATE OPPORTUNITIES TO MEET WITH PEOPLE
If you are going to college it doesn’t mean that you are successful. You are needed to find a perfect job early in life. You can do both study and work in a network. You can meet different people like friends, teachers and find job relevant to your study courses to maintain your concentration on both sides. Some candidates cannot manage career and work together. They found it stressful so try to enroll in limited amount of course that you can easily manage. If you fail to do this then a strategy is really needed or you will get burned out.